Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Asian Cars > 2007 Mazda CX9 driver window - no info i...
2007 Mazda CX9 driver window - no info in MX808

1086 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2020-06-24 04:12:33

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    btarv27
    2020-06-22 19:00:23
    Window no operable. MX808 will tell almost everything about this most cars and lots of info on this particular model. - locks, pedals, switches...except for the windows.  Does it (window operation) on most other vehicles, but not this one.  Without it, can't be sure without a lot of other work if it's the switch or the window motor.  What am I missing? 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2020-06-24 04:12:33 (Reply to:btarv27)

Don't feel so bad . I have a Maxi Sys Elite that costs several times more than a MX808 and recently had a High Mileage 2014 Lincoln MKT Livery vehicle that I thought my MS908E would have the capability to read window switch inputs and active tests for raising and lowering windows , I was wrong . I had to test the switch and circuits the old fashioned way.Switch was good and main power and ground to motor was ok so I assumed wrong and  ordered a new  window motor and it did not work when plugged in so back to rechecking wires again and found one of the small gauge wires was broken right at the connector and had to chase to Ford for a pricey Motorcraft pigtail assembly for the want of one terminal with lead that isn't sold separately. It was nice that the new connector came with an extra wire where the original connector had a vacant spot , so I successfully extracted the extra terminal with lead from the new connector and extracted the broken wire terminal from the original and repaired the original so I didn't have to use the new pigtail and splice in 5 more wires and save the new pigtail for another future repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmZPUOWKl_s
  Total1 Pages